Saturday 6 September 2014

Are You Too Old To Become a DJ?

As the late great Aaliyah once said "Age Ain't nothing but a number".  I'm nearly 40 years old and I'm still DJ'ing (not as much of course).  The concept of age is just a myth.  If you can still rock a crowd then go for it!

In retrospect, I've had a great DJ'ing career spanning 25+ years.  I played mainly in the South Asian scene and predominantly played Panjabi and Bollywood music.  However, in the last 5 years I've transitioned back over to mainstream, top 40 and my favourite old school Hip Hop and r&b.  I'm going back to my roots of when I started playing and rocking parties with the music that has shaped my soul and made me to be the person that I am today.

DJ TLM hits this topic of age right on the money.  He talks about the pros and cons, the mindset and what it will take to be a DJ in your later years.  This video is a must watch for you younger cats as well.  This will mentally prepare you for what is ahead 5, 10, 15 years from now.  A career in DJ'ing is about longevity, marketing, customer service and that continual daily grind.

All my DJ friends you must subscribe to his channel.  He has tons of tutorials and an endless supply of knowledge.


No comments:

Post a Comment